A generalization (
Specialisation), is the UML name for inheritance.
When a class "B" is generalizing a class "A", then the class B will have
- the public attributes/operations declared in A
- the protected attributes/operations declared in A
- the attributes/operations declared in B
- Here, "Class" is inheriting the properties inside the "SuperClass". We can also say that "Class" is generalizing "SuperClass". Same for "Child" and "Parent".
- A class can only generalize one class (in fact, we can generalize more classes, but we don't)